We are now officially merged into one unit at aptn! The new five-year Collective Agreement for all CMG members at aptn came into effect on April 25, 2011, and will run to April 24, 2016.
The highlights of the new deal include:
- Across-the-board salary increases of 2% in each year
- Adjusted and merged new wage scales
- Improvements to Maternity and Paternity Leave
- New language covering Respect in the Workplace
- New language ensuring CMG members will be used in special projects and that non-CMG members hired to perform work in special projects will be treated in accordance with the CMG Collective Agreement.
- A commitment to provide or cover costs for necessary clothing, makeup and hairstyling for on-air hosts.
- The creation of a joint committee to review all existing job specifications with the goal of ensuring they are complete and the jobs are appropriately compensated.
Note that your next pay cheque (May 6th) will only reflect a slight increase, as half of that pay period is still calculated with old collective agreement salary rates. May 20th will be the first pay cheque with the full change in salary. Human Resources will be providing each member with a notification of the changes in your salary rate effective April 25, 2011.
Printed copies of the new collective agreement will be made available to all members once they arrive from the printer. You can download an electronic version here.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact the aptn Branch executive at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach the Guild’s national office at 1-800-465-4149 or 416-591-5333.