CMG’s parent union, CWA/SCA Canada, is hiring an experienced organizer for a six-month contract in Toronto. The organizer will develop and implement strategy to expand our freelance membership.
– Co-ordination of the union’s existing advocacy and service activities into a coherent strategy to better represent the interests of freelancers.
– Creation of an outreach plan, materials and social media strategy.
– Communication with freelancers to assess their needs.
– Outreach to potential partner organizations.
– Lead development of freelance membership systems within the union.
The ideal candidate will have experience organizing people in a labour or community setting, knowledge of the media industry and freelance issues, excellent communication and social media skills, and a proven ability to lead a project to successful completion. This will be a unionized position with excellent compensation and benefits. The six-month contract may be extended depending on success.
CWA/SCA Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com .