Guild members have voted 80% to accept the agreement reached last week with Pagemasters management.
Thanks to everyone who voted.
Management will let employees know when the salary increases that come into effect tomorrow will be implemented. Management will also communicate the date and details of the planned transition from advanced to current pay.
You can read the text of the Memorandum of Agreement here.
Highlights of the agreement include:
– A 3-year deal with annual wage increases of 0.5% beginning July 1, 2015, 1.25% on January 1, 2016, and 1.5% on January 1, 2017
– Increase to three weeks of vacation for employees with more than 1 year of service
– A new approach to salaries that includes a start rate and an automatic step up after a set period of time. This replaces the categories “Basic” and “Intermediate.”
– An increase to the base rates in the Editor classification (which replaces Sub Editor); payment in lieu of base rate increases for those on the existing scale in Agate; and a commitment to review the video desk jobs and wage rates within one year.
– Paid eye exams for all employees every year
– Provision for an hourly rate increase for employees being paid at the advanced level or lower who perform lead duties from time to time (e.g., on certain days, or during a part of their shift)
– A plan to review the benefits package with a view to ensuring it meets the needs of employees
– Commitment from the employer to schedule full-time employees for an 8-hour day that includes a meal break