CBC needs our support so it can continue to offer us the news, entertainment, and local programming we deserve.
5 proposals CMG is urging each national political party to adopt:
1. Reverse the $115-million Deficit Reduction Action Plan (DRAP) cut to CBC
2. Increase CBC funding to about half the average of what other developed countries invest in their public broadcaster or $43.5 per capita annually over the next five years, and adjust CBC’s parliamentary appropriation for inflation.
3. Ask the CRTC to establish a fund that is dedicated to public service media programming (CBC, TVO, APTN, Tfo, community and independent media) – including local news – on all platforms that meets the diverse and evolving programming needs of Canadians.
4. Repeal Clause 17 of omnibus budget bill C-60 – in the interest of our country and of our reputation as a mature democracy – to remove government’s interference in
CBC’s day-to-day operations.
5. Protect CBC/Radio-Canada’s independence by instituting a more public mechanism for selecting the national public broadcaster’s Board and CEO.
Read more >>
What can you do?
Sign a petition
Write a letter to your MP
What are others doing in support of the CBC?
Essays, songs, petitions, editorials
Canadians have been telling us what CBC means to them:
Other supporters of the CBC
Tous amis de Radio-Canada
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting
CBC, I Care – Radio-Canada, j’y tiens