Add your voice to Canada’s growing media freelancer movement! The Canadian Media Guild represents 6,000 media workers across Canada and has formed an alliance with the Canadian Writers Group to better represent media freelancers, improve rates and address copyright and digital reuse issues.
If you are a recent contributor to CBC/Radio-Canada or represented by the Canadian Writers Group, all you need to do is sign a membership card. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and mailing address. If you freelance for other engagers, you can join the CMG Freelance branch for $150 per year. A CMG membership offers you:
- the opportunity to post your freelancer profile on the CMG website
- access to some individual advice from a CMG representative on problems you face with engagers
- information on how to seek freelance engagements at CBC/Radio-Canada
- the opportunity to join an affordable health and dental benefits plan through the Writers Coalition
- legal representation on collective freelance issues
- access to union training courses, grants and networking events
- CMG membership card
Click here to download an application form in pdf format.
Freelance Application Form