Now, here are 6 things to start:
1. Select your workplace by clicking on My Workplace above. Here you’ll find news and information, including salary scales, benefits, and the collective agreement.
If you work at CBC, The Canadian Press, Shaw Media or TVO, check out the new member guides for frequently asked questions:
CBC New Member Guide (pdf 294KB)
The Canadian Press New Member Guide (pdf 572KB)
TVOntario New Member Guide (pdf 3MB)
2. Reach out to the Guild representatives in your workplace – find them by clicking on Contacts above and following the links to your branch/workplace and city.
3. Find your collective agreement and read through it. The collective agreement sets the ground rules for your job on things such as your working conditions, pension and benefits, overtime, vacation and what you can expect to be paid.
4. Sign a union card and find out the many ways you can get involved. Talk to a Guild rep in your workplace to get a card.
5. Help solve problems and speak up about your priorities.
6. Want to find out more about the Guild?
Click here for an interactive learning guide (video)