The CMG and its parent union, CWA Canada, in partnership with the Canadian Association of Journalists will offer the 2012 CWA Canada / CAJ Award for Excellence in Labour Reporting. The award, now in its second year, will recognize excellence in Canadian journalism completed in the 2012 calendar year in any format on labour issues.
Things to keep in mind:
• Entries are submitted as part of the 2012 CAJ Awards program, at www.caj.ca.
• An entry consists of a single piece, in any media format, published or broadcast by a Canadian media outlet in the 2012 calendar year.
• The deadline for entries is Jan. 31, 2013.
• Finalists will be announced in late-winter or spring 2013 and the winner(s) will be announced at the 2013 CAJ conference, scheduled for Ottawa from May 3-5.
• Entries are encouraged in either official language. Should the judges determine it appropriate, one award may be handed out for reporting done in English and another in French.
• Entrants must be CAJ members or willing to pay the non-member award fee.
Questions? E-mail the CAJ Awards committee at email@example.com