We’re happy to announce that the Guild bargaining committee has reached a tentative two-year collective agreement effective April 1 with Thomson Reuters. Some of the highlights of the deal include:
• A 2-percent wage increase back-dated to April 1, 2013 and a second 2-percent increase effective April 1, 2014
• A fair remedial process for employees who are deemed not to be meeting the requirements of their job
• A change in language around seniority to make clear that it is based on uninterrupted time serving the company, regardless of country
• An update to the discrimination and harassment clauses to better reflect current standards and Canadian laws
• All new Guild hires will now be enrolled automatically in the pension plan, which will help ensure the continued strength of the plan
These are just a few of the benefits of the new deal. We will be holding information sessions ahead of the ratification sometime in the near future.