The Canadian Media Guild is looking for a Public Campaign Co-ordinator to assist with a digital media organizing drive underway. The campaign co-ordinator will work with CMG staff to carry out a public campaign in favour of unionizing in digital media over four to six weeks.
Key duties include:
– Help develop and synthesize our key messages in an engaging way
– Conduct communications outreach and social media (preparing and booking advertising, leading social media campaign, monitoring social/media)
– Timely response to developments
– Co-ordinate with CMG Organizing rep and committee
– Event planning
– Proven record of co-ordinating successful social media campaign
– Experience with online and traditional advertising
– Excellent strategic and communications skills
– Commitment to union valuesand some experience in union organizing is an asset
The ideal candidate will be available to start part-time as soon as possible. Total hours for this project are estimated at 160.
If you’re interested, please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Friday February 26, 2016.