The Canadian Media Guild (CMG) is looking for members who want to increase their knowledge and leadership skills to attend summer school run by the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC).
The CLC brings together dozens of unions and community-based labour groups.
CLC’s Ontario region summer school programs are run in July at the Unifor Family Education Centre in Port Elgin, Ontario on Lake Huron.
Each course is 5-days long and includes accommodation in a beautiful setting.
There is a Women’s Summer school July 10 -15 – It has an emphasis on diversity and leadership development.
The Ontario Region Summer school runs July 3-8 and includes courses on facing management effectively and new courses like “Member Engagement – Member Action”.
The Canadian Media Guild is looking for candidates who want to attend these summer school programs:
2016 CLC Summer School – July 3 – 8 – Facing Management Effectively
– Member Engagement – Member Action
– Mental Health in the Workplace
– Taking Unions to the Next Generation
2016 CLC Women’s Summer School – July 10 – 15
– Leading from Strength: Leadership Development for Indigenous and Women of Colour
– Transforming Conflict for Women
– Women in Leadership 1.0
– Women Work and Disability
The programs are open to CMG members from across Canada. For candidates who are selected, CMG will cover transportation costs, shared accommodation, and releases for the five days of the course.
CMG would like to encourage women, people of colour, and anyone who is under 35 to apply.
Please send an email to Helen Bagshaw – National Education and Mobilization Director of the Canadian Media Guild at: email@example.com April 25, 2016 with:
1) a short paragraph on why you would like to attend
2) a description of your current involvement with CMG, or intentions for future involvement
3) your thoughts on how you might share what you’ve learned with other CMG members upon completion of the course
There is a limited number of spots available for members sponsored by CMG.