Please join us for a national update and a short VIRTUAL Lunch-and-Learn training session or take the After-Hours session the same day.
These Guild Zoom training sessions will be offered to members from Western Canada & the North, and Ontario on the following dates: Tuesday, April 27 – CBC North
– 11 a.m. PDT for the lunch hour session (noon MDT, 1 p.m. CDT, 2 p.m. EDT)
– 5 p.m. PDT for the evening session (6 p.m. MDT/CST, 7 p.m. CDT, 8 p.m. EDT)
Wednesday, April 28 – CBC BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
– 11 a.m. PDT for the lunch hour session (noon MDT/CST, 1 p.m. CDT)
– 5 p.m. PDT for the evening session (6 p.m. MDT/CST, 7 p.m. CDT)
Thursday, April 29 – CBC Ontario
– 12 p.m. ET for the Lunch-and-Learn session
– 6 p.m. ET for the After-Hours session
Meal costs will be covered ($30), and we will hold draws for prizes including CMG hoodies and a headset/microphone.
Details: VIRTUAL ZOOM Lunch & Learn session – “Look in the Book”
Order lunch on us and learn how to use the CMG collective agreement to solve a dozen problems, or figure out Special Leave, and Time Off In Lieu.
VIRTUAL ZOOM evening session – “Union 101”
Learn how to run your local exec and all the helpful skills for a union leader. This “Union 101” session will also cover how to handle grievances (yours and others’), respect investigations and dealing with HR.
The training will be led by CMG Staff Reps, Matt Douglas, Marianne Malo Chenard, and Olivier Desharnais-Roy (CBC West and North); and CMG Staff Reps Matt Douglas and Patrick Legay (Ontario). The CBC Branch and CMG National presidents will attend to take questions.