The Canadian Media Guild (CMG) will hold elections for all elected positions at the national, branch and location unit levels this fall. All members in good standing are eligible to run for these positions, to be nominators and seconders, and to vote in the election.
Here are the key dates for the 2022 CMG elections:
- -A Call for nominations will be issued October 11, 2022 with the information you need to participate in the election
- -The deadline for completed nomination forms to be received is October 25, 2022
- -The vote will be held November 17-21, 2022
- -Winning candidates at the National and Branch levels will start their three-year term on January 1, 2023
- -Winning candidates at the Location Unit level will start their two-year term on January 1, 2023
Additional information and helpful links:
- -All candidates are reminded to review the Guildelines for Candidates, Code of Conduct, Elections Policy, CMG Bylaws. Other members who campaign for a candidate are bound by the same policies. Members at CBC and at TFO are also encouraged to refer to their branch-specific bylaws: CBC Branch Bylaws, TFO Branch Bylaws. CMG employees are not allowed to campaign in support of any candidate.
- -Candidates are encouraged to provide their profiles in English or French as applicable. The profiles will be posted on the CMG website as received so fellow union members can see and learn more about who they are voting for.
- –Click here to find out more about the roles and responsibilities of elected CMG officials
For more about elections, please write to email@example.com or contact CMG Elections Coordinator Glenn Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org