Candidate for Director, Prairies, CBC/Radio-Canada Branch
Marianne Malo Chenard
Prairies Director, CBC/Radio-Canada Branch
I’ve been the president of the Edmonton local since 2014, and am also CMG co-chair of the National Joint Job Evaluation Committee. I was a member of the CMG bargaining committee in 2013-14. Since 2008, I’ve been a shop steward, local CMG vice-president, and director for Radio-Canada Edmonton.
The last 3 years have been challenging. We’ve watched many of our colleagues being laid off or displaced. Those of us remaining are dealing with rapidly changing workloads and workflows. Our workplaces are frequently filled with stress.
The next round of negotiations is coming in 2018-19. It’s therefore crucial that we remain united.
As Prairies Director, I will strive to improve our work life by:
– Working with the Branch executive and Prairies locals to ensure we have the necessary resources to do our jobs in a rapidly changing environment-
– Making sure members on assignment in the field have proper health and safety protection
– Promoting respect for our training, strengths, and career aspirations
– Encouraging a wide-scale review of job classifications to ensure that they reflect the work that we are actually doing
– Ensuring equity for members doing the same work in different job classifications across English and French Services, working with the Branch SRC Director on this issue
– Standing up for the return of Guild educational programs that teach Collective Agreement rights, as well as conflict resolution and negotiation skills
– Building stronger relationships within the Branch executive to facilitate action on our concerns
– Encouraging better member participation in and transparent communications about the collective bargaining process and other important matters affecting us
– Reviewing how CMG can help the hardworking volunteers in our locals continue to do their important work
Let’s build this union together. Please exercise your right to vote on December 1-5.
Questions? Do get in touch with me at email@example.com or at 780-554-7743.
Back to all candidates page >>